California freshman sire Roi Charmant registered his first winner June 8 at Golden Gate Fields when Pheisty Kid gamely captured a maiden special weight sprint in his second effort.
Stablemate Perfect Moon ensured a blazing pace and late charging Harvard Avenue took care of the rest, winning the $200,000 Potrero Grande Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for sprinters and capping a four-stakes weekend for hot trainer Doug O'Neill.
Leading trainer Doug O'Neill saddles two contenders in Sunday's contentious Potrero Grande Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for older sprinters at Santa Anita.
Making his stakes debut, Lorraine and Rod Rodriguez's undefeated Hosco pulled his way to the front soon after the start and stayed there, winning the $108,100 San Miguel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds going six furlongs at Santa Anita Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- 139 Cataloged for Texas Yearling and Mixed Sale