California freshman sire Roi Charmant registered his first winner June 8 at Golden Gate Fields when Pheisty Kid gamely captured a maiden special weight sprint in his second effort.
Stablemate Perfect Moon ensured a blazing pace and late charging Harvard Avenue took care of the rest, winning the $200,000 Potrero Grande Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for sprinters and capping a four-stakes weekend for hot trainer Doug O'Neill.
Leading trainer Doug O'Neill saddles two contenders in Sunday's contentious Potrero Grande Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for older sprinters at Santa Anita.
Making his stakes debut, Lorraine and Rod Rodriguez's undefeated Hosco pulled his way to the front soon after the start and stayed there, winning the $108,100 San Miguel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds going six furlongs at Santa Anita Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Excessively Alike
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Gainesway launches new website
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System