An ongoing battle over pari-mutuel takeout rates in California isn't only a major issue in the war over horsemen's representation, but it also has moved horseplayers' involvement in political issues in racing to a new level.
- By Jack Shinar
California Horse Racing Board chairman Roger Licht said he favors changing state law to allow the pari-mutuel industry to pay rebates to its customers.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino