An ongoing battle over pari-mutuel takeout rates in California isn't only a major issue in the war over horsemen's representation, but it also has moved horseplayers' involvement in political issues in racing to a new level.
- By Jack Shinar
California Horse Racing Board chairman Roger Licht said he favors changing state law to allow the pari-mutuel industry to pay rebates to its customers.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate