An ongoing battle over pari-mutuel takeout rates in California isn't only a major issue in the war over horsemen's representation, but it also has moved horseplayers' involvement in political issues in racing to a new level.
California Horse Racing Board chairman Roger Licht said he favors changing state law to allow the pari-mutuel industry to pay rebates to its customers.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Little Journey Favored in Boiling Springs
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely