An ongoing battle over pari-mutuel takeout rates in California isn't only a major issue in the war over horsemen's representation, but it also has moved horseplayers' involvement in political issues in racing to a new level.
California Horse Racing Board chairman Roger Licht said he favors changing state law to allow the pari-mutuel industry to pay rebates to its customers.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- La Jolla Rivals Challenge Prospect Park Again
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk