An ongoing battle over pari-mutuel takeout rates in California isn't only a major issue in the war over horsemen's representation, but it also has moved horseplayers' involvement in political issues in racing to a new level.
California Horse Racing Board chairman Roger Licht said he favors changing state law to allow the pari-mutuel industry to pay rebates to its customers.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Divisidero Has Buzz in Redrawn Palm Beach
- Georgia Pari-Mutuel Legislation Advances
- Three Derby Preps Highlight Huge Weekend
- Betfair U.S. Enjoys 25% Spike in Revenue
- Consumer Credit Ranks High in Fla. Oaks
- 'Salutos,' Dads Caps Clash Again in Tom Fool
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida