An ongoing battle over pari-mutuel takeout rates in California isn't only a major issue in the war over horsemen's representation, but it also has moved horseplayers' involvement in political issues in racing to a new level.
California Horse Racing Board chairman Roger Licht said he favors changing state law to allow the pari-mutuel industry to pay rebates to its customers.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher