An ongoing battle over pari-mutuel takeout rates in California isn't only a major issue in the war over horsemen's representation, but it also has moved horseplayers' involvement in political issues in racing to a new level.
California Horse Racing Board chairman Roger Licht said he favors changing state law to allow the pari-mutuel industry to pay rebates to its customers.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector
- 13 for Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Danon Platina Captures Asahi Hai Futurity
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Trainer James DiVito Collects 1,000th Win
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist