An ongoing battle over pari-mutuel takeout rates in California isn't only a major issue in the war over horsemen's representation, but it also has moved horseplayers' involvement in political issues in racing to a new level.
California Horse Racing Board chairman Roger Licht said he favors changing state law to allow the pari-mutuel industry to pay rebates to its customers.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse