An ongoing battle over pari-mutuel takeout rates in California isn't only a major issue in the war over horsemen's representation, but it also has moved horseplayers' involvement in political issues in racing to a new level.
- By Jack Shinar
California Horse Racing Board chairman Roger Licht said he favors changing state law to allow the pari-mutuel industry to pay rebates to its customers.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green