An ongoing battle over pari-mutuel takeout rates in California isn't only a major issue in the war over horsemen's representation, but it also has moved horseplayers' involvement in political issues in racing to a new level.
California Horse Racing Board chairman Roger Licht said he favors changing state law to allow the pari-mutuel industry to pay rebates to its customers.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Bogdan, Former NY Breeders Lobbyist, Dies
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- 'Night of the Stars' to Benefit CKRH
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail