An ongoing battle over pari-mutuel takeout rates in California isn't only a major issue in the war over horsemen's representation, but it also has moved horseplayers' involvement in political issues in racing to a new level.
California Horse Racing Board chairman Roger Licht said he favors changing state law to allow the pari-mutuel industry to pay rebates to its customers.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note