Roger M. King, the CBS and King World Productions executive and Thoroughbred owner and breeder, died Saturday of a stroke, a CBS spokesman said Tuesday night. He was 63. King helped bring stars including Oprah Winfrey, Alex Trebek and "Dr. Phil" McGraw to television.
A son of Giant's Causeway consigned by Gainesway Farm was purchased by Team Valor's Barry Irwin for $1,850,000 to top the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga August yearling sale Wednesday night.
The good times rolled at Saratoga Tuesday night, with prices during the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton select yearling sale exceeding last year's figures by significant amounts.
An Irish River colt sold Tuesday for an Ocala Breeders' Sales Company record price of $900,000 already has a new owner. According to OBSC, agent Buzz Chace notified sales company officials that the colt will be owned by Raymond Dweck rather than Roger King, for whom he was initially purchased.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned