Roger M. King, the CBS and King World Productions executive and Thoroughbred owner and breeder, died Saturday of a stroke, a CBS spokesman said Tuesday night. He was 63. King helped bring stars including Oprah Winfrey, Alex Trebek and "Dr. Phil" McGraw to television.
A son of Giant's Causeway consigned by Gainesway Farm was purchased by Team Valor's Barry Irwin for $1,850,000 to top the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga August yearling sale Wednesday night.
The good times rolled at Saratoga Tuesday night, with prices during the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton select yearling sale exceeding last year's figures by significant amounts.
An Irish River colt sold Tuesday for an Ocala Breeders' Sales Company record price of $900,000 already has a new owner. According to OBSC, agent Buzz Chace notified sales company officials that the colt will be owned by Raymond Dweck rather than Roger King, for whom he was initially purchased.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger