Improving East Hall turned the tables on nemesis Wildcat Red when he came from off the pace to score in the $100,000 Millions Classic Preview Nov. 8 at Gulfstream Park West, the featured event on a seven-stakes card.
East Hall, winner of the Ohio Derby two starts back, shipped back north from his Florida base to win the $507,100 Indiana Derby (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Indiana Grand Race Course Oct. 4.
East Hall won the $300,000 Ohio Derby with a closing rush at Thistledown July 19, earning his first victory since a Nov. 24 allowance event at Gulfstream Park.
Gross sales, average price, and median price all dropped during Monday's opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Fall Yearling sale. The session's top-selling colt by Unbridled out of Debit My Account sold for $360,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Too Much Bling Yearlings Top Texas Sale
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Former OBS President Chiota Dies at 70
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November