A mare in foal to leading freshman sire Uncle Mo brought the highest price of $55,000 at the Equine Sales Company open yearling and mixed sale Oct. 25 in Opelousas, La.
A weaker second sesson pulled down the overall average and median at the Fasig-Tipton Texas Yearling sale, which ended Aug. 26. Last year's second sesssion was bolstered by a record-topping $330,000 horse.
The average and median prices both increased while the buy-back rate dropped Sunday during the Fasig-Tipton Texas December mixed sale at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner