A mare in foal to leading freshman sire Uncle Mo brought the highest price of $55,000 at the Equine Sales Company open yearling and mixed sale Oct. 25 in Opelousas, La.
A weaker second sesson pulled down the overall average and median at the Fasig-Tipton Texas Yearling sale, which ended Aug. 26. Last year's second sesssion was bolstered by a record-topping $330,000 horse.
The average and median prices both increased while the buy-back rate dropped Sunday during the Fasig-Tipton Texas December mixed sale at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies