Tattersalls Ireland will add a flat breeding stock and foal sale to its 2016 auction calendar, the company announced March 7.
The strong demand earlier this week in the record-breaking Tattersalls Ireland Part I September Yearling Sale continued into the Part II session Sept. 24 with strong action seen in the sale ring throughout the day.
The Castlebridge Consignment offered the top-priced horses on both days of a dynamic Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale, with their Yeats colt bringing the sale's overall highest price on closing day Sept. 25.
Neil Walsh has been appointed head of bloodstock sales at Tattersalls Ireland, the County Meath sale company said Dec. 14. Tattersalls also announced the retirement of two board directors.
The positive trends from the opening session of the Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale continued into day two. The auction ended Sept. 26 with increases in its gross, average price, and median price.
Tattersalls Ireland has restructured its November breeders' flat sale to change its focus to yearlings. This year's edition of the auction, which will be known as the November yearling sale, is scheduled for Nov. 17-18.
Tattersalls Ireland announced that Roger Casey, who has served as the auction company's finance director since 2008, will become general manager, effective immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Hope for Distribution of PA Breeder Awards