The Castlebridge Consignment offered the top-priced horses on both days of a dynamic Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale, with their Yeats colt bringing the sale's overall highest price on closing day Sept. 25.
Neil Walsh has been appointed head of bloodstock sales at Tattersalls Ireland, the County Meath sale company said Dec. 14. Tattersalls also announced the retirement of two board directors.
The positive trends from the opening session of the Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale continued into day two. The auction ended Sept. 26 with increases in its gross, average price, and median price.
Tattersalls Ireland has restructured its November breeders' flat sale to change its focus to yearlings. This year's edition of the auction, which will be known as the November yearling sale, is scheduled for Nov. 17-18.
Tattersalls Ireland announced that Roger Casey, who has served as the auction company's finance director since 2008, will become general manager, effective immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Keeneland September Yearling Sale Wrap 2014
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby