The Castlebridge Consignment offered the top-priced horses on both days of a dynamic Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale, with their Yeats colt bringing the sale's overall highest price on closing day Sept. 25.
Neil Walsh has been appointed head of bloodstock sales at Tattersalls Ireland, the County Meath sale company said Dec. 14. Tattersalls also announced the retirement of two board directors.
The positive trends from the opening session of the Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale continued into day two. The auction ended Sept. 26 with increases in its gross, average price, and median price.
Tattersalls Ireland has restructured its November breeders' flat sale to change its focus to yearlings. This year's edition of the auction, which will be known as the November yearling sale, is scheduled for Nov. 17-18.
Tattersalls Ireland announced that Roger Casey, who has served as the auction company's finance director since 2008, will become general manager, effective immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale