After working Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I)-bound Carina Mia and Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) runner Tourist Oct. 30, Mott plans to breeze Turf Sprint (gr. IT) contender Celestine and Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) runner Good Samaritan Oct. 31.
The best 3-year-old turf fillies in Southern California battled it out in a thrilling stretch run Aug. 20 in the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT), but an invader from the East ended up getting a head in front at the wire.
Monday, Oct. 19, was a busy morning for Bill Mott as the trainer oversaw Keeneland workouts that included two hopefuls for the Breeders' Cup World Championships at the Lexington track Oct. 30-31.
A federal judge has denied a request for a preliminary injunction from Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott that would allow one of his assistants, Rodolphe Brisset, to continue working.
Juddmonte Spinster Stakes (gr. I) winner Don't Tell Sophia will prepare at Keeneland for her planned start in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
Emollient will face her elders as one of 11 entered for the $500,000 Juddmonte Spinster Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 6 at Keeneland. Others include grade I winners On Fire Baby and Byrama, and grade II winner Summer Applause.
Royal Delta and To Honor and Serve worked Oct. 23, on the main track at Churchill Downs for Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win