She's a Tiger, last year's champion 2-year-old filly, has been retired and will be offered for sale in the fall at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November sale.
She's a Tiger, ridden masterfully by Gary Stevens, showed plenty of spunk to overpower her rivals while tallying comfortably in the $300,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) Aug. 31.
She's a Tiger came as advertised in the $150,000 Landaluce Stakes, speeding to a sharp victory as the 3-5 choice July 13 over six rival juvenile fillies at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Smiling Tiger, rebounding from a troubled trip at Churchill Downs, earned the third grade I victory of his career with a dominant performance in the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park July 2.
Under a patient ride from Joel Rosario, odds-on choice Smiling Tiger rolled to a 2 1/2-length victory in the $200,000 Count Fleet Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park April 14.
There were some relieved smiles in Santa Anita's winner's circle after favored Smiling Tiger overcame a bad stumble at the start to capture the $150,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. II) by a desperate head in the rain Feb. 19
Smiling Tiger, reunited with jockey Russell Baze, earned his second grade I win of the season when he put away Cost of Freedom in the stretch and held on for a half-length victory in the $250,000 Ancient Title Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day