Two Internet poker bills have been introduced in the California Legislature for consideration this year, but neither includes the racing industry on the short list of entities eligible for licensing.
A revived bill to allow sports betting at California horse racing enclosures and other gambling establishments cleared its first committee test during the week of April 22.
All bets are off this year on California legislation that would have allowed racetracks and simulcast locations to take wagers on professional and collegiate sporting events.
A bill that would allow California racetracks and simulcast wagering facilities to conduct betting on professional and collegiate sporting events has been introduced in the state legislature.
Most Popular Stories
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Median Rises at Goffs Breeding Stock Opener
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- JJ and Anna and Their Long Journey Together
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- AHC: Impact of Immigration Order Unclear