The Tattersalls December foal sale posted an opening-day record for total sales, topped by a Champs Elysees colt for 160,000 guineas ($272,462 in United States funds), the highest price ever at the first session.
Reliable Man kept his perfect record intact as he rolled past Bubble Chic in the final yards to capture the $1,213,290 Prix du Jockey-Club (French Derby, Fr-I) at Chantilly June 5.
Roderic O'Conner took command at the start and never looked back as he galloped home an easy winner of the $463,587 Abu Dhabi Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at the Curragh May 21.
Last season's joint European champion 2-year-old Frankel heads 125 hopefuls going forward for the 2011 Investec Derby (Eng-I) following this week's scratching stage.
Roderic O'Connor provided trainer Aidan O'Brien with consecutive wins in the Criterium International (Fr-I) when he held off Salto to claim the Saint-Cloud contest by 1 1/2 lengths Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering
- Bell to Head Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Court Decision Threatens Illinois Racing
- Aussie Sale Buyers Can Request Steroid Test
- Newsmakers of 2014