The Florida Division of Administrative Hearings ended a four-day hearing June 29 without issuing a ruling on whether Gretna Racing LLC can continue to use a Quarter Horse racing license to hold pari-mutuel barrel racing.
Find A Cure Stable's Call Me Larry, a big horse with an even bigger purpose, rallied on the turn Saturday afternoon in Aqueduct's sixth race and collared Jacks Away for a one-length maiden victory.
Rodeo's Castle caught Beau's Town in the final strides to capture the $274,100 Duncan F. Kenner Breeders' Cup Handicap, the first of four stakes Saturday at the Fair Grounds meet at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
Rodeo, a 10-year-old son of Gone West, has been moved to Michelle Rodriquez and Lee Thomas' Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La.
Rodeo Licious burst out of the gate and led every step of the way to take the first stakes race of the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) weekend, the Fashion Stakes for juvenile fillies.
Graded stakes winner Western Echo was represented by his first winner when Harry and Tom Meyerhoff's homebred Echo Lady won June 28 at Colonial Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops, Will Breeze June 1
- Frammento Has Final Drill at Saratoga
- Spanish Queen Carries On in American Oaks
- Lockout Closes to Connaught Cup Win
- Tale of Verve, Mubtaahij Breeze for Belmont
- Alsvid Takes Aristides Over Work All Week
- Texas Red Works Toward Possible Dwyer Start
- French Navy Sails to Group I Upset in SAf
- Posse to Shuttle to Uruguay
- Evangeline Downs Stakes Taken Off Turf