The Kentucky Supreme Court has declined to review a Court of Appeals decision overturning Dr. Rod Stewart's four-year suspension for possession of cobra venom and other substances.
The Kentucky Court of Appeals has overturned Dr. Rod Stewart's four-year suspension for possession of cobra venom, stating that the regulation under which the veterinarian was disciplined was vague.
Trainer Patrick Biancone, who was suspended after cobra venom and other substances were found in his barn at Keeneland three years ago, withdrew his application for a license to train in Kentucky Sept. 30.
A Franklin, Ky. Circuit Court judge has upheld the four-year suspension of veterinarian Rodney Stewart for possession of cobra venom but overturned a one-year suspension for possessing two other substances.
- By Ryan Conley
Attorneys arguing about drug testing policies and procedures may differ in their opinions about the applications of such high-profile systems, but they agree that the landscape in which they work has changed.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission voted unanimously May 12 to adopt the recommended report of a hearing officer in the five-year suspension of veterinarian Dr. Rodney Stewart.
A hearing officer has ruled that the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission acted properly when it handed a five-year suspension to veterinarian Dr. Rodney Stewart after cobra venom and other prohibited substances were found in a barn and in his truck at Keeneland in June 2007.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has scheduled a Dec. 3 hearing to consider the appeal of Dr. Rodney Stewart, who was suspended five years in September 2007 for multiple violations of the state's medication regulations.
Most Popular Stories
- Long-Term Vision Possible After Equine Cataract Surgery
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Two-Time Gr. I Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Desormeaux to Hospital After Kick by Horse
- Simulcast Conference: HD Options Progressing
- Record Prize Money Expected for NHC, NHC Tour
- Kay Outlines Recent Successes to NYRA Board