Brian Elmore, who oversees racing operations at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino and Indiana Grand Racing & Casino, is to retire Feb. 26 from Centaur Gaming, which operates the two Indiana racetracks.
Lurie will make more than one dozen appearances throughout 2015 with the first appearance this weekend at Hoosier Park beginning Friday, April 3.
It appears major changes are coming to Centaur Gaming-owned Indiana Downs in the form of facility upgrades and a closer working relationship between the track and horsemen's groups.
Indianapolis-based Centaur Holdings announced Feb. 20 completing the acquisition of Indiana Grand Casino and Downs in Shelbyville, Ind.
Centaur Holdings said it is closer to winning complete regulatory approval of its plan to purchase Indiana Grand Casino & Downs.
Centaur LLC, the owner of Hoosier Park Racing & Casino and saddled with significant debt and interest payments, has filed for bankruptcy.
Indianapolis-based Centaur, which owns Hoosier Park Racing & Casino in Anderson, Ind., recently missed interest payments and has defaulted on loans in excess of $400 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Preakness TV Rating Grows 6%