Lurie will make more than one dozen appearances throughout 2015 with the first appearance this weekend at Hoosier Park beginning Friday, April 3.
It appears major changes are coming to Centaur Gaming-owned Indiana Downs in the form of facility upgrades and a closer working relationship between the track and horsemen's groups.
Indianapolis-based Centaur Holdings announced Feb. 20 completing the acquisition of Indiana Grand Casino and Downs in Shelbyville, Ind.
Centaur Holdings said it is closer to winning complete regulatory approval of its plan to purchase Indiana Grand Casino & Downs.
Centaur LLC, the owner of Hoosier Park Racing & Casino and saddled with significant debt and interest payments, has filed for bankruptcy.
Indianapolis-based Centaur, which owns Hoosier Park Racing & Casino in Anderson, Ind., recently missed interest payments and has defaulted on loans in excess of $400 million.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- Top-Quality Catalog for JRHA Select Sale
- Dinerman New Emerald Downs Announcer
- Unbeaten Karpino Romps in German Guineas
- Empire Dreams Rallies to Win Commentator
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Record Average at MM Weanling Sale
- Gulfstream Starter Bonus Tied to Field Size