Brian Elmore, who oversees racing operations at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino and Indiana Grand Racing & Casino, is to retire Feb. 26 from Centaur Gaming, which operates the two Indiana racetracks.
Lurie will make more than one dozen appearances throughout 2015 with the first appearance this weekend at Hoosier Park beginning Friday, April 3.
It appears major changes are coming to Centaur Gaming-owned Indiana Downs in the form of facility upgrades and a closer working relationship between the track and horsemen's groups.
Indianapolis-based Centaur Holdings announced Feb. 20 completing the acquisition of Indiana Grand Casino and Downs in Shelbyville, Ind.
Centaur Holdings said it is closer to winning complete regulatory approval of its plan to purchase Indiana Grand Casino & Downs.
Centaur LLC, the owner of Hoosier Park Racing & Casino and saddled with significant debt and interest payments, has filed for bankruptcy.
Indianapolis-based Centaur, which owns Hoosier Park Racing & Casino in Anderson, Ind., recently missed interest payments and has defaulted on loans in excess of $400 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born