Ted Kuster and Matt Koch's Shawhan Place, which sold a $360,000 Medaglia d'Oro filly at Fasig-Tipton's October sale, is a growing operation in Kentucky's Bourbon County.
Led by a $410,000 Tapit half sister to graded winner and sire Desert Party, the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale set records for gross, average, and median as pinhookers and end-users battled for choice prospects.
Wild Catomine outfought Hot and Spicy and the favored Lexie Lou in a spirited three-way stretch run to capture the $137,992 Fury Stakes May 10 at Woodbine.
Book Three of the Keeneland September Yearling Sale opened with significant improvement in all key indices over 2010 figures, with the gross rising 24%.
Favored Southdale squeezed through an opening at the top of the stretch and cruised to a 3 1/4-length victory in the $170,065 Durham Cup (Can-III) on Woodbine's Polytrack Oct. 3.
Lightly-raced Southdale, a 4-year-old son of Street Cry, took over from pacesetter Fatal Bullet in mid-stretch and held off Stunning Stag by three-quarters of a length to win the Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) June 5 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Queen of The Sand Rebounds in Santa Barbara
- Whiskey Ticket Wins IL Derby Like a Pro
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Hootenanny Successful in Season Debut
- Bodhisattva Gets Classic Credential in Tesio
- Taketheodds, Russell Road Win at Charles Town
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita