Ted Kuster and Matt Koch's Shawhan Place, which sold a $360,000 Medaglia d'Oro filly at Fasig-Tipton's October sale, is a growing operation in Kentucky's Bourbon County.
Led by a $410,000 Tapit half sister to graded winner and sire Desert Party, the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale set records for gross, average, and median as pinhookers and end-users battled for choice prospects.
Wild Catomine outfought Hot and Spicy and the favored Lexie Lou in a spirited three-way stretch run to capture the $137,992 Fury Stakes May 10 at Woodbine.
Book Three of the Keeneland September Yearling Sale opened with significant improvement in all key indices over 2010 figures, with the gross rising 24%.
Favored Southdale squeezed through an opening at the top of the stretch and cruised to a 3 1/4-length victory in the $170,065 Durham Cup (Can-III) on Woodbine's Polytrack Oct. 3.
Lightly-raced Southdale, a 4-year-old son of Street Cry, took over from pacesetter Fatal Bullet in mid-stretch and held off Stunning Stag by three-quarters of a length to win the Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) June 5 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity