Tower of Texas stormed up the rail and won the $200,000 King Edward Stakes (Can-II) in his turf debut June 21 at Woodbine.
Ted Kuster and Matt Koch's Shawhan Place, which sold a $360,000 Medaglia d'Oro filly at Fasig-Tipton's October sale, is a growing operation in Kentucky's Bourbon County.
Led by a $410,000 Tapit half sister to graded winner and sire Desert Party, the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale set records for gross, average, and median as pinhookers and end-users battled for choice prospects.
Wild Catomine outfought Hot and Spicy and the favored Lexie Lou in a spirited three-way stretch run to capture the $137,992 Fury Stakes May 10 at Woodbine.
Book Three of the Keeneland September Yearling Sale opened with significant improvement in all key indices over 2010 figures, with the gross rising 24%.
Favored Southdale squeezed through an opening at the top of the stretch and cruised to a 3 1/4-length victory in the $170,065 Durham Cup (Can-III) on Woodbine's Polytrack Oct. 3.
Lightly-raced Southdale, a 4-year-old son of Street Cry, took over from pacesetter Fatal Bullet in mid-stretch and held off Stunning Stag by three-quarters of a length to win the Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) June 5 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation