Calder restricts training hours, racing entry of horses in two barns that may have been exposed to neurological form of equine herpesvirus type-1 (EHV-1). Regulations expected to last into early January.
- By Scott Davis
Following the confirmed case of Equine Herpes Virus Type I in a horse that had been stabled at Calder earlier this month, the Miami track has taken action to avoid the spread of the potentially lethal airborne virus.
Calder Race Course in conjunction with Fort Dodge Animal Health will offer a one-hour forum Dec. 20 on health maintenance practices and infection control in horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes