They are running out of superlatives for IEAH Stables and partners' Benny the Bull, as the nation's top sprinter again unleashed his devastating turn of foot in the stretch to run right by the leaders in the $400,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II) July 12 at Calder Race Course. The 5-year-old son of Lucky Lionel won by two lengths under Edgar Prado.
Though the July 12 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II) at Calder Race Course will host an impressive cast of seasoned performers, Benny the Bull has clearly stated his case as the top contender in the group.
Trainer Marty Wolfson pulled off the hat trick on the June 14 "Summit of Speed" preview card at Calder Race Course, winning three of the four $100,000 stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park