They are running out of superlatives for IEAH Stables and partners' Benny the Bull, as the nation's top sprinter again unleashed his devastating turn of foot in the stretch to run right by the leaders in the $400,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II) July 12 at Calder Race Course. The 5-year-old son of Lucky Lionel won by two lengths under Edgar Prado.
Though the July 12 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II) at Calder Race Course will host an impressive cast of seasoned performers, Benny the Bull has clearly stated his case as the top contender in the group.
Trainer Marty Wolfson pulled off the hat trick on the June 14 "Summit of Speed" preview card at Calder Race Course, winning three of the four $100,000 stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby