This year's $500,000 Ohio Derby in retrospect can be considered a success on several levels, and management at ThistleDown Racino expects the marquee race--and the overall racing product--to only get better.
Media outlets in Cincinnati and Las Vegas report that Caesars Entertainment on Feb. 26 sold off enough of its interest in Turfway Park to Dan Gilbert's Rock Ohio Ventures to make Rock Ohio the majority owner of the track.
Turfway Park is expected to soon announce this year's Spiral Stakes will be sponsored by Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati, the under-construction gaming facility owned by its parent company.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut