This year's $500,000 Ohio Derby in retrospect can be considered a success on several levels, and management at ThistleDown Racino expects the marquee race--and the overall racing product--to only get better.
Media outlets in Cincinnati and Las Vegas report that Caesars Entertainment on Feb. 26 sold off enough of its interest in Turfway Park to Dan Gilbert's Rock Ohio Ventures to make Rock Ohio the majority owner of the track.
Turfway Park is expected to soon announce this year's Spiral Stakes will be sponsored by Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati, the under-construction gaming facility owned by its parent company.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes