This year's $500,000 Ohio Derby in retrospect can be considered a success on several levels, and management at ThistleDown Racino expects the marquee race--and the overall racing product--to only get better.
Media outlets in Cincinnati and Las Vegas report that Caesars Entertainment on Feb. 26 sold off enough of its interest in Turfway Park to Dan Gilbert's Rock Ohio Ventures to make Rock Ohio the majority owner of the track.
Turfway Park is expected to soon announce this year's Spiral Stakes will be sponsored by Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati, the under-construction gaming facility owned by its parent company.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen