One main track record fell and a second was tied on a beautiful fall day of racing at Belmont Park Oct. 21.
With this year's Belmont Bash located at the Hard Rock Café in New York City (on Thursday, June 8), it's only appropriate that the live auction during the event feature several music-related items.
Grade II winner Rock and Roll came though with his first winner when his son Native Redman won Sept. 10 at Suffolk Downs.
Rock and Roll, who owns the highest Beyer Speed Figure for 3-year-olds of 1998, will enter stud at Michael and Debra Lischin's Dutchess Views Farm near Pine Plains, N.Y.
New Jersey-bred Sea of Tranquility earned his first graded stakes victory while stretching his current winning streak to three races in Sunday's $150,000 Salvator Mile Handicap (gr. III) at Monmouth Park.
Julian De Marc's North East Bound, a close second in the Breeder's Cup Mile (gr. I) on the turf at Churchill Downs in his last start, worked on Wednesday and remains on schedule for his expected appearance in the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) at 1 1/8 miles on Feb. 3 according to trainer Bill Perry. Others still on track for the Donn are Hal's Hope, Albert the Great, Captain Steve, Pleasant Breeze, Sir Bear, Vision and Verse, American Halo, Rich Celebration, Rock and Roll, and Noble Ruler.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus left the impression that he enjoys cool Kentucky mornings in a brisk gallop Wednesday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal