One For Rose, last year's champion older female in Canada, challenges males in Monday's $163,350 Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) in her first test as a 5-year-old at Woodbine.
Colts owned by Gus Schickedanz and trained by Mike Keogh run one-two in Canada's premier race, the Queen's Plate.
Mobil, unbeaten in two stakes starts this year including the Plate Trial Stakes, is the 2-1 morning line choice for Sunday's $1,000,000 (Canadian) Queen's Plate at Woodbine.
Gustav Schickedanz's Mobil made his case for Queen's Plate favoritism stronger Saturday, edging away from Rock Again in deep stretch win Saturday's $162,200 Plate Trial Stakes at Woodbine.
Gus Schickedanz's Mobil, winner of four of his last five, is the early 9-5 favorite in the field of six for Saturday's Plate Trial at Woodbine.
Stronach Stables' 3-year-old Rock Again, by champion Awesome Again, the 1997 Queen's Plate and 1998 Breeders' Cup Classic winner out of the mare Track Gal, who competed in two Breeders' Cup Sprints, has some large shoes shoes to fill. On Saturday, trainer Malcolm Pierce should find out whether the homebred colt is ready to try those shoes on when he goes postward in the $162,600 Plate Trial Stakes at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Records Fall at 'Phenomenal' OBS Spring Sale
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Arizona Bill Legalizing ADW Sent to Governor
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Proctor Sends Out Sharp Pair in Wilshire 'Cap
- Inimitable Romanee Earns Upset Nod in Bewitch