One For Rose, last year's champion older female in Canada, challenges males in Monday's $163,350 Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) in her first test as a 5-year-old at Woodbine.
Colts owned by Gus Schickedanz and trained by Mike Keogh run one-two in Canada's premier race, the Queen's Plate.
Mobil, unbeaten in two stakes starts this year including the Plate Trial Stakes, is the 2-1 morning line choice for Sunday's $1,000,000 (Canadian) Queen's Plate at Woodbine.
Gustav Schickedanz's Mobil made his case for Queen's Plate favoritism stronger Saturday, edging away from Rock Again in deep stretch win Saturday's $162,200 Plate Trial Stakes at Woodbine.
Gus Schickedanz's Mobil, winner of four of his last five, is the early 9-5 favorite in the field of six for Saturday's Plate Trial at Woodbine.
Stronach Stables' 3-year-old Rock Again, by champion Awesome Again, the 1997 Queen's Plate and 1998 Breeders' Cup Classic winner out of the mare Track Gal, who competed in two Breeders' Cup Sprints, has some large shoes shoes to fill. On Saturday, trainer Malcolm Pierce should find out whether the homebred colt is ready to try those shoes on when he goes postward in the $162,600 Plate Trial Stakes at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- V. E. Day Adds to English Channel's Resume