Zippy Chippy, the hapless Thoroughbred who has set a modern-day record of futility with no victories in 93 starts, will race against a minor league ballplayer again Thursday night.
Another dawdling start for winless 9-year-old gelding Zippy Chippy allowed minor league baseball player Jose Herrera to win their 40-yard match race by approximately three (horse) lengths prior to the International League's Rochester (N.Y.) Red Wings Thursday night home game against the Scranton/Wilkes Barre Red Baron's.
Most Popular Stories
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Repeat in G1 Vanderbilt
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- TCA Appoints Five New Directors
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting