The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association will address a number of issues during its winter convention Feb. 4-8 in Carefree, Ariz., as well as hear from a key executive with The Stronach Group.
Philip Hanrahan, chief executive officer of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, will step down in mid-February after the organization's winter convention in Carefree, Ariz.
The pros and cons of exchange wagering were among the highlights of the Jan. 24 session of the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association winter convention in Pasadena, Calif.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association board of directors July 14 signed off on recommended changes to a proposed model rule on medication penalties but acknowledged acceptance could be hard to achieve.
- By Tom LaMarra
The majority of National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association affiliates have adopted resolutions calling for continued regulated use of furosemide on race day.
Robin Richards was elected president and Stephanie Beattie first vice president of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association during the organization's board of directors meeting July 1 in Iowa.
Joe Santanna has been elected to another three-year term as president and chairman of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- NZ Premier Sale Off to Solid Start at Karaka
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March