The pros and cons of exchange wagering were among the highlights of the Jan. 24 session of the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association winter convention in Pasadena, Calif.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association board of directors July 14 signed off on recommended changes to a proposed model rule on medication penalties but acknowledged acceptance could be hard to achieve.
- By Tom LaMarra
The majority of National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association affiliates have adopted resolutions calling for continued regulated use of furosemide on race day.
Robin Richards was elected president and Stephanie Beattie first vice president of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association during the organization's board of directors meeting July 1 in Iowa.
Joe Santanna has been elected to another three-year term as president and chairman of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Favorite Tale, Choctaw Chuck Top Quick Call