The pros and cons of exchange wagering were among the highlights of the Jan. 24 session of the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association winter convention in Pasadena, Calif.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association board of directors July 14 signed off on recommended changes to a proposed model rule on medication penalties but acknowledged acceptance could be hard to achieve.
- By Tom LaMarra
The majority of National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association affiliates have adopted resolutions calling for continued regulated use of furosemide on race day.
Robin Richards was elected president and Stephanie Beattie first vice president of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association during the organization's board of directors meeting July 1 in Iowa.
Joe Santanna has been elected to another three-year term as president and chairman of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed