The pros and cons of exchange wagering were among the highlights of the Jan. 24 session of the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association winter convention in Pasadena, Calif.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association board of directors July 14 signed off on recommended changes to a proposed model rule on medication penalties but acknowledged acceptance could be hard to achieve.
- By Tom LaMarra
The majority of National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association affiliates have adopted resolutions calling for continued regulated use of furosemide on race day.
Robin Richards was elected president and Stephanie Beattie first vice president of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association during the organization's board of directors meeting July 1 in Iowa.
Joe Santanna has been elected to another three-year term as president and chairman of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Churchill, Yum! Brands Ink 5-Year Agreement
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- First Reported Winner for Pleasant Strike
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Velazquez to Ride Euro Charline in QEII
- Trade Storm Reigns With Woodbine Mile Upset