Even-money choice Iotapa made it consecutive grade I scores with her victory in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes Aug. 2 at Del Mar, but was all out to get the job done with jockey Joe Talamo.
Front-running Iotapa, bouncing back from disappointing effort at Churchill Downs, left the favorites behind with a superb effort in the $300,000 Vanity Stakes (gr. I) June 14 at Santa Anita Park.
Graded stakes-placed four times previously in her career, Iotapa broke through with a front-running tally in the $200,000 Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 15 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Go Blue Or Go Home Claims Highlander Again