Even-money choice Iotapa made it consecutive grade I scores with her victory in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes Aug. 2 at Del Mar, but was all out to get the job done with jockey Joe Talamo.
Front-running Iotapa, bouncing back from disappointing effort at Churchill Downs, left the favorites behind with a superb effort in the $300,000 Vanity Stakes (gr. I) June 14 at Santa Anita Park.
Graded stakes-placed four times previously in her career, Iotapa broke through with a front-running tally in the $200,000 Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 15 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory