Maiden Jack's in the Deck split horses in the stretch and burst home to capture the $150,000 Futurity Stakes (gr. II) by four lengths in an upset at cloudy Belmont Park July 3.
Skeedattle Stable's Dixie Talking, a Maryland invader dismissed at 27-1, rallied widest of all Saturday afternoon to take Aqueduct's $109,800 Cicada (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at seven furlongs.
Skeedattle Stable's Mr O'Brien found his closing kick again after four straight losing races, taking Saturday's $270,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at a mile on the Belmont Park Widener turf course.
Irish-bred Mr. O'Brien scored a two-length win in the May 15 $200,000 Argent Dixie (gr. IIT) on the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) undercard at Pimlico Race Course. His time of 1:46.34 was a course record, breaking the previous record of 1:47 set in 1991 by Double Booked.
The $100,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship Wednesday at Laurel Park figured to be a one horse affair, but when that one horse faltered, the door opened for Pour It On, who rallied along the rail to post a 36-1 upset score.
The 2003 racing season ends at Laurel Park on Wednesday with a pair of $100,000 stakes races for Maryland-bred juveniles.
Nick Sanna Stable's Smooth Maneuvers stole the $100,000 Anne Arundel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Laurel Park Saturday, seizing the lead into the first turn and holding it the rest of the way to win by 2 1/2 lengths under jockey Mario Pino.
Higgins and Bowman Stable's Richetta was a handy winner of today's $60,000 Heavenly Cause Stakes at Laurel Park by a comfortable 1 1/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff