Boosted by a $16-million Forestry colt, the most expensive Thoroughbred ever sold at public auction, the Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training rocketed into the record books Tuesday at Calder Race Course.
It was the greatest show on earth...at least as far as sales of 2-year-olds in training are concerned. Fueled by an international cast of big spenders eager to acquire expensive young horseflesh, the Fasig-Tipton Florida select auction at Calder Race Course rocketed to unprecedented heights Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27