Boosted by a $16-million Forestry colt, the most expensive Thoroughbred ever sold at public auction, the Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training rocketed into the record books Tuesday at Calder Race Course.
It was the greatest show on earth...at least as far as sales of 2-year-olds in training are concerned. Fueled by an international cast of big spenders eager to acquire expensive young horseflesh, the Fasig-Tipton Florida select auction at Calder Race Course rocketed to unprecedented heights Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash