Jockey Roberto Perez, who allegedly bet an Oct. 4 race at Great Lakes Downs and left the horse he rode off the tickets, was suspended for seven years and fined $7,000 by stewards in Michigan.
Jockey Roberto Perez was suspended by Michigan racing officials this week for allegedly placing wagers on his own behalf while excluding the horse he rode in the fourth race at Great Lakes Downs on Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Berth for Birdie Gold
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita