Jockey Roberto Perez, who allegedly bet an Oct. 4 race at Great Lakes Downs and left the horse he rode off the tickets, was suspended for seven years and fined $7,000 by stewards in Michigan.
Jockey Roberto Perez was suspended by Michigan racing officials this week for allegedly placing wagers on his own behalf while excluding the horse he rode in the fourth race at Great Lakes Downs on Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup