Jockey Roberto Perez, who allegedly bet an Oct. 4 race at Great Lakes Downs and left the horse he rode off the tickets, was suspended for seven years and fined $7,000 by stewards in Michigan.
Jockey Roberto Perez was suspended by Michigan racing officials this week for allegedly placing wagers on his own behalf while excluding the horse he rode in the fourth race at Great Lakes Downs on Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct