Favored Ben's Cat surged from third in the final furlong to nip Chamberlain Bridge by a head, winning the $350,000 Turf Monster Handicap (gr. IIIT) for the second year in a row Sept. 3 over soft going at Parx Racing.
Grade II winner Magical Feeling, a winner of more than half of her starts, added another victory to her record by taking the $200,000 Sugar Maple Stakes for fillies and mares at Charles Town Races April 14.
Making her graded stakes debut, Magical Feeling split the two favorites in deep stretch to pull off a 27-1 stunner in the $200,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) Feb. 18 at Laurel Park.
Gulch Approval, ridden by Roberto Alvarado Jr., grabbed the lead soon after the start and led the field all the way to an upset victory in the $100,000 Appleton Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf Saturday.
Liberty Stable's Hopelessly Devoted swung to the outside leaving the second turn and blew by the Richetta to pull away to a smashing four-length win in the $175,300 Susan's Girl Breeders' Cup Stakes for 3-year old fillies.
Stan Stefanski's homebred Vogue Girl stayed unbeaten with her victory in the $100,000 Blue Hen Stakes at Delaware Park Saturday.
Seven-year-old Leave It to Beezer's career-best year continued Saturday with a win in the Salvator Mile Handicap (gr. III) at Monmouth Park. The win marks Leave It to Beezer's fifth consecutive victory, the last four of which have come in stakes races.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death