After settling in mid-pack early in the Canadian Derby Stakes (Can-III) Aug. 16, Edison took charge at the quarter pole and romped to an eye-widening triumph at Edmonton's Northlands Park.
A daily purse structure of more than $200,000 and a 35-race stakes program worth $3.5 million have horsemen arriving from all over the country to Oklahoma City for the Remington Thoroughbred season that begins Aug. 15.
Robertino Diodoro, Turf Paradise's winningest trainer, enjoyed a banner day March 31 when achieving his 1,000th milestone victory on a five-win day.
Grade I winner Cost of Freedom, claimed for $8,000 at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 21, appears headed for retirement as he nears the ripe old age of 11.
Jockey Jorge Carreno won his 1,000th race Oct. 9 riding Artistic Design to victory in race 5 at Turf Paradise, a claiming event for horses 3-years-old and up.
Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Southern California trainer Robertino Diodoro agreed to a pay a $2,500 fine July 6 after a horse in his care tested positive for the prohibited adjunct bleeder medication carbazochrome, also known as "Kentucky Red."
Last out claimer First Strike kept Thirtyfirststreet at bay in the stretch to score the $150,000 Zia Park Derby Dec. 3.
Canadian-based trainer Robertino Diodoro has always wanted to win a race at Santa Anita. On opening day, Dec. 26, he not only won his first race there, he won the very first race on Santa Anita's new dirt surface.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact