Grade I winner Cost of Freedom, claimed for $8,000 at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 21, appears headed for retirement as he nears the ripe old age of 11.
Jockey Jorge Carreno won his 1,000th race Oct. 9 riding Artistic Design to victory in race 5 at Turf Paradise, a claiming event for horses 3-years-old and up.
Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Southern California trainer Robertino Diodoro agreed to a pay a $2,500 fine July 6 after a horse in his care tested positive for the prohibited adjunct bleeder medication carbazochrome, also known as "Kentucky Red."
Last out claimer First Strike kept Thirtyfirststreet at bay in the stretch to score the $150,000 Zia Park Derby Dec. 3.
Canadian-based trainer Robertino Diodoro has always wanted to win a race at Santa Anita. On opening day, Dec. 26, he not only won his first race there, he won the very first race on Santa Anita's new dirt surface.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient