Jockey Jorge Carreno won his 1,000th race Oct. 9 riding Artistic Design to victory in race 5 at Turf Paradise, a claiming event for horses 3-years-old and up.
Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Southern California trainer Robertino Diodoro agreed to a pay a $2,500 fine July 6 after a horse in his care tested positive for the prohibited adjunct bleeder medication carbazochrome, also known as "Kentucky Red."
Last out claimer First Strike kept Thirtyfirststreet at bay in the stretch to score the $150,000 Zia Park Derby Dec. 3.
Canadian-based trainer Robertino Diodoro has always wanted to win a race at Santa Anita. On opening day, Dec. 26, he not only won his first race there, he won the very first race on Santa Anita's new dirt surface.
Most Popular Stories
- Flat Out to Enter Stud at Spendthrift Farm
- Apprentice Carrasco Continues Winning Ways
- Castellano Sets North American Earnings Mark
- Shy's Aly Scores for Sire Too Shy Will Fly
- Honor Code: A.P. Indy's Last Derby Hope
- Moment of the Year Voting Now Open
- Novak at the Track: Road to Derby Retrospect
- After Market Purchased to Stand in Turkey
- Turfway to Increase Stakes, Allowance Purses
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays