Robertino Diodoro, Turf Paradise's winningest trainer, enjoyed a banner day March 31 when achieving his 1,000th milestone victory on a five-win day.
Grade I winner Cost of Freedom, claimed for $8,000 at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 21, appears headed for retirement as he nears the ripe old age of 11.
Jockey Jorge Carreno won his 1,000th race Oct. 9 riding Artistic Design to victory in race 5 at Turf Paradise, a claiming event for horses 3-years-old and up.
Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Southern California trainer Robertino Diodoro agreed to a pay a $2,500 fine July 6 after a horse in his care tested positive for the prohibited adjunct bleeder medication carbazochrome, also known as "Kentucky Red."
Last out claimer First Strike kept Thirtyfirststreet at bay in the stretch to score the $150,000 Zia Park Derby Dec. 3.
Canadian-based trainer Robertino Diodoro has always wanted to win a race at Santa Anita. On opening day, Dec. 26, he not only won his first race there, he won the very first race on Santa Anita's new dirt surface.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat