Canani readies Roberta's Mango for Monrovia; Baffert weighs weights for Congaree; Larry Sterling returns home.
Icantgoforthat and jockey Tyler Baze led virtually from start to finish but needed every ounce of strength they could muster to hold off Polygreen by a nose in the $109,300 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the downhill turf course at Santa Anita Monday.
Roberta's Mango, a consistent California-bred daughter of Bold Badgett, takes on open competition in Monday's $100,000 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) down the hillside turf course, but trainer Julio Canani is optimistic she is up to the challenge.
Most Popular Stories
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas