Archarcharch, a grade I winner and Spendthrift Farm stallion, was represented by his first foal, a filly out of the Kingmambo mare Enfiraaj Jan. 12 in Kentucky.
Robert Yagos, owner of Archarcharch, stayed positive about the Derby experience even after drawing the short straw in the post positions for the Run for the Roses.
Southwest Stakes (gr. III) winner Archarcharch posted his first workout since finishing third in the Rebel Stakes (gr. II) March 29 at Oaklawn Park.
This time one year ago, Robert Yagos' Spotsgone was sent off at odds of 81-1 in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III). In the 2008 edition to be held May 24 at Arlington Park, the son of Bright Launch was installed as the 5-2 morning-line favorite. Of course, the drastic change in odds may have a little something to do with Spotsgone lighting up the toteboard with a $165 mutual in last year's edition.
Robert Yagos' Spotsgone broke on the lead for Hall of Fame jockey Earlie Fires and never looked back en route to a 2 1/4-length victory over 6-5 favorite Lewis Michael in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup (gr. III) on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition
- Maryland THA Elects 15 Directors
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina