Archarcharch, a grade I winner and Spendthrift Farm stallion, was represented by his first foal, a filly out of the Kingmambo mare Enfiraaj Jan. 12 in Kentucky.
Robert Yagos, owner of Archarcharch, stayed positive about the Derby experience even after drawing the short straw in the post positions for the Run for the Roses.
Southwest Stakes (gr. III) winner Archarcharch posted his first workout since finishing third in the Rebel Stakes (gr. II) March 29 at Oaklawn Park.
This time one year ago, Robert Yagos' Spotsgone was sent off at odds of 81-1 in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III). In the 2008 edition to be held May 24 at Arlington Park, the son of Bright Launch was installed as the 5-2 morning-line favorite. Of course, the drastic change in odds may have a little something to do with Spotsgone lighting up the toteboard with a $165 mutual in last year's edition.
Robert Yagos' Spotsgone broke on the lead for Hall of Fame jockey Earlie Fires and never looked back en route to a 2 1/4-length victory over 6-5 favorite Lewis Michael in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup (gr. III) on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill