Added Edge, voted champion 2-year-old colt in Canada during his undefeated 2002 season in which his four wins included the grade III Nashua Stakes in New York, will enter stud next spring in Iowa at Special K Stables near Runnells.
Team Valor and Robert Wilson's multiple grade III winner Added Edge, who went unbeaten in four starts when voted champion 2-year-old colt in Canada, has been retired from racing. Stud plans have not been determined.
With no Triple Crown winner and no dominant performer in the turf or handicap divisions, the 2002 Canadian Horse of the Year title was anybody's race, with the honor going to Wake at Noon.
There were only four horses in Sunday's $133,250 Swynford Stakes for 2-year-olds at Woodbine Sunday, but as far as Mark Casse, trainer of the winning Added Edge, is concerned, it didn't matter how many ran.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday