Added Edge, voted champion 2-year-old colt in Canada during his undefeated 2002 season in which his four wins included the grade III Nashua Stakes in New York, will enter stud next spring in Iowa at Special K Stables near Runnells.
Team Valor and Robert Wilson's multiple grade III winner Added Edge, who went unbeaten in four starts when voted champion 2-year-old colt in Canada, has been retired from racing. Stud plans have not been determined.
With no Triple Crown winner and no dominant performer in the turf or handicap divisions, the 2002 Canadian Horse of the Year title was anybody's race, with the honor going to Wake at Noon.
There were only four horses in Sunday's $133,250 Swynford Stakes for 2-year-olds at Woodbine Sunday, but as far as Mark Casse, trainer of the winning Added Edge, is concerned, it didn't matter how many ran.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile