Veteran Northern California trainer Dennis Patterson, a well-respected horseman known for his old school approach to conditioning, died at his home in San Mateo on the night of April 4 with his family at his side. He was 77.
Lin Wheeler, a retired West Coast trainer whose father, Robert Wheeler, is in the Hall of Fame as a trainer, died Jan. 5 at his California home.
Honoring the 2012 Inductees to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame. View Slideshow
An emotional John Velazquez received a standing ovation from a standing-room only crowd Aug. 10 at the Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., as the jockey led five other inductees into the Hall of Fame.
Horse Racing Radio Network will provide exclusive radio coverage of the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame inductions Aug. 10, beginning at 10 a.m. (EDT).
While he is proud to be among the four inductees into the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame in the class of 2012, jockey John Velazquez said the honor will mean even more to Angel Cordero Jr.
Stronach Stable's 2004 Horse of the Year Ghostzapper, jockey John Velazquez, and trainers Roger Attfield and Robert Wheeler have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Jockeys Calvin Borel, Garrett Gomez, and John Velazquez and trainer Jerry Hollendorfer are first-time finalists for election to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Point Given, the 2001 Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male, is among six equine finalists for election to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs
Two trainers -- Bob Baffert and Robert Wheeler -- are among 11 finalists for election to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015