By Eric Mitchell -- Let's get something straight up front. Robert Wehle was more than "the man who owns all the stallion shares." He was a passionate student of pedigrees and an enthusiastic teacher of the breeding business.
Robert Wehle, well known in Thoroughbred breeding circles for his ownership interest in stallions, died July 12. He was 82.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three