A tax law attorney said May 5 that a recent federal court decision expanded the number of arguments attorneys can make when trying to make a case that a client is running a horse operation as a business as opposed to a hobby.
- By Teresa Genaro
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic Region
Panelists at the Saratoga Institute for Equine, Racing, and Gaming Law conference offered potential options regarding immigration policy in the hope they make it easier for horse racing to attract and maintain workers.
Idaho jockey Robert Webb earned the 1,000th victory of his career aboard Thirteengoldhearts in the eighth race Sept. 15 at Sandy Downs in Idaho Falls.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Brazilian Champ Juno Pointing to Del Mar