A tax law attorney said May 5 that a recent federal court decision expanded the number of arguments attorneys can make when trying to make a case that a client is running a horse operation as a business as opposed to a hobby.
- By Teresa Genaro
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic Region
Panelists at the Saratoga Institute for Equine, Racing, and Gaming Law conference offered potential options regarding immigration policy in the hope they make it easier for horse racing to attract and maintain workers.
Idaho jockey Robert Webb earned the 1,000th victory of his career aboard Thirteengoldhearts in the eighth race Sept. 15 at Sandy Downs in Idaho Falls.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- New York Regulators Act on Drug Testing, Records Rules