A tax law attorney said May 5 that a recent federal court decision expanded the number of arguments attorneys can make when trying to make a case that a client is running a horse operation as a business as opposed to a hobby.
- By Teresa Genaro
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic Region
Panelists at the Saratoga Institute for Equine, Racing, and Gaming Law conference offered potential options regarding immigration policy in the hope they make it easier for horse racing to attract and maintain workers.
Idaho jockey Robert Webb earned the 1,000th victory of his career aboard Thirteengoldhearts in the eighth race Sept. 15 at Sandy Downs in Idaho Falls.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby