A tax law attorney said May 5 that a recent federal court decision expanded the number of arguments attorneys can make when trying to make a case that a client is running a horse operation as a business as opposed to a hobby.
- By Teresa Genaro
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic Region
Panelists at the Saratoga Institute for Equine, Racing, and Gaming Law conference offered potential options regarding immigration policy in the hope they make it easier for horse racing to attract and maintain workers.
Idaho jockey Robert Webb earned the 1,000th victory of his career aboard Thirteengoldhearts in the eighth race Sept. 15 at Sandy Downs in Idaho Falls.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day