Dark clouds are gathering over Tampa Bay Downs. A purses contract with horsemen remains in dispute with negotiations deadlocked, Thursday's purses have been cut around 40%, and a legal battle over simulcasting is brewing.
A Circuit Court judge in Florida has ruled that Tampa Bay Downs has the right to determine which horsemen are allocated stalls, effectively upholding the track's denial of space to some TB Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association board members. Contending the stall denial was retribution over a contract dispute between horsemen and track management, Tampa Bay HBPA sought a temporary injunction forcing the track to reallocate stalls.
Most Popular Stories
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Research Produces Cobalt Test Recommendation
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Renovations Noted at 'Gulfstream Park West'
- The Week in Photos for 9/30/2014
- Banke, Haggin Join Keeneland Advisory Board
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- TOBA September Member of the Month
- Santa Anita Can't Hurt Shared Belief
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing