Even-money choice Gotta Have Her survived a stretch-long duel with the outsider Go Forth North to score a repeat victory by a neck in the Palomar Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Del Mar turf Sept. 6.
Heavily Favored Gotta Have Her angled to the outside for jockey Tyler Baze and outfought Burg Berg in deep stretch to win the $150,000 Royal Heroine Mile Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length on the Hollywood Park turf July 3.
Favored Gotta Have Her proved her superiority over Santa Anita's hillside turf course once again Saturday when the versatile mare slipped through an opening at the rail approaching mid-stretch and drew off to win Oak Tree's $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT).
She finished second in last year's Palomar Handicap (gr. IIT), but Gotta Have Her would not be denied this time around, rallying in the stretch to edge pacesetter Lethal Heat by a neck in the $200,000 feature on closing day of Del Mar's 2009 meet Sept. 9.
The Breeders' Cup announced July 1 that 10 individuals are on the ballot for the election of six positions to its board of directors.
Course specialist Gotta Have Her got up in the final stride by a nose over Reba Is Tops to win the $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT), the Easter Day feature on the Santa Anita hillside April 12.
Robert T. Manfuso's unbeaten Belterra, a graded stakes winner as a 2-year-old last year, makes her 2002 debut against five rivals in Friday's $250,000 Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II).
Breeders' Cup announced on April 2 the addition of six members to its board of directors. They are E.K. Gaylord II, R.D. Hubbard, Robert T. Manfuso, Robert C. McNair, John C. Oxley, and John W. Phillips.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Coolmore Lexington: A Prep in Its Prime
- Bejarano Picks Up Derby Mount on Wildcat Red
- Takeout Just One Symptom of the Disease
- Divine Oath Heads Coolmore Lexington
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories