Senor Speedy, a prominent New York sprinter in the early 1990s, will stand at Dave and Cheryl Stejskal's Fox Hill Farm near Crete, Neb.
Cupecoy's Joy, one of the early New York-bred grade I winners, has died at Robert Perez' Haras Lucy Grace near Otisville, N.Y.
Please Take Me Out set the pace and held off Bobbie Use in the final strides to win the $84,400 Miss Grillo Stakes on closing day Sunday at Belmont Park.
New York racing regulators on Monday slapped trainer John Dowd with a 120-day suspension after three Thoroughbreds he ran during races in 1999 and 2000 at Aqueduct tested positive for ergonovine. In another disciplinary matter, Thoroughbred owner Robert Perez was fined $3,000 following what officials described as a nasty confrontation with stewards last year at Saratoga in an incident the board said was "detrimental to the best interests of racing.''
Most Popular Stories
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Little Journey Favored in Boiling Springs
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year