Senor Speedy, a prominent New York sprinter in the early 1990s, will stand at Dave and Cheryl Stejskal's Fox Hill Farm near Crete, Neb.
Cupecoy's Joy, one of the early New York-bred grade I winners, has died at Robert Perez' Haras Lucy Grace near Otisville, N.Y.
Please Take Me Out set the pace and held off Bobbie Use in the final strides to win the $84,400 Miss Grillo Stakes on closing day Sunday at Belmont Park.
New York racing regulators on Monday slapped trainer John Dowd with a 120-day suspension after three Thoroughbreds he ran during races in 1999 and 2000 at Aqueduct tested positive for ergonovine. In another disciplinary matter, Thoroughbred owner Robert Perez was fined $3,000 following what officials described as a nasty confrontation with stewards last year at Saratoga in an incident the board said was "detrimental to the best interests of racing.''
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness