Senor Speedy, a prominent New York sprinter in the early 1990s, will stand at Dave and Cheryl Stejskal's Fox Hill Farm near Crete, Neb.
Cupecoy's Joy, one of the early New York-bred grade I winners, has died at Robert Perez' Haras Lucy Grace near Otisville, N.Y.
Please Take Me Out set the pace and held off Bobbie Use in the final strides to win the $84,400 Miss Grillo Stakes on closing day Sunday at Belmont Park.
New York racing regulators on Monday slapped trainer John Dowd with a 120-day suspension after three Thoroughbreds he ran during races in 1999 and 2000 at Aqueduct tested positive for ergonovine. In another disciplinary matter, Thoroughbred owner Robert Perez was fined $3,000 following what officials described as a nasty confrontation with stewards last year at Saratoga in an incident the board said was "detrimental to the best interests of racing.''
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ