Senor Speedy, a prominent New York sprinter in the early 1990s, will stand at Dave and Cheryl Stejskal's Fox Hill Farm near Crete, Neb.
Cupecoy's Joy, one of the early New York-bred grade I winners, has died at Robert Perez' Haras Lucy Grace near Otisville, N.Y.
Please Take Me Out set the pace and held off Bobbie Use in the final strides to win the $84,400 Miss Grillo Stakes on closing day Sunday at Belmont Park.
New York racing regulators on Monday slapped trainer John Dowd with a 120-day suspension after three Thoroughbreds he ran during races in 1999 and 2000 at Aqueduct tested positive for ergonovine. In another disciplinary matter, Thoroughbred owner Robert Perez was fined $3,000 following what officials described as a nasty confrontation with stewards last year at Saratoga in an incident the board said was "detrimental to the best interests of racing.''
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives