The Breeders' Cup and Equibase Company have launched the 2014 Virtual Stable "Road to the Breeders' Cup" notification service, which provides a daily e-mail of workouts, entries and results for the top contenders.
Turfway Park has announced that Vinery will be the title sponsor for the track's Spiral Stakes, beginning next spring. Established in 1972, the race is a grade III prep for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Turfway Park has reached agreements making its races available to all major advance deposit wagering platforms beginning with the 2009 fall meet and running through the end of the 2010 winter/spring meet, track president Robert N. Elliston announced Sept. 7.
Turfway Park's live racing card scheduled for March 2, has been canceled due to lack of entries. The card had been added to the schedule in an effort to make up races lost to six full or partial weather cancellations, five in January and one in February.
After completing its second holiday meet run over a Polytrack surface in 2006, Turfway Park reported a healthy 7.5% increase in on-track wagering and an 18.7% jump in all-source handle.
The topic of Internet gambling, both the federal prohibition and its still possibly disruptive effects on pari-mutuel business will open the 14th annual International Simulcast Conference in Philadelphia Oct. 16-18.
Turfway Park reported a 23.6% increase from 2005 in all-source handle during the fall meeting that ended Oct. 5 while on-track wagering posted a more modest 4.6% gain.
Warm temperatures that caused rapid thawing of the frozen track Wednesday coupled with rain Thursday led Turfway Park to cancel racing Thursday night. The cancellation is the second in a row and second of the year for the northern Kentucky oval.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch