A Pioneerof the Nile colt produced a healthy return on his original purchase price when sold to Robert and Lawana Low for $1 million during the March 15 second session of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2-year-olds in training sale.
A dark bay/brown filly by Dixie Union out of graded stakes winner Rare Gift brought a final bid of $525,000 during the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select sale Aug. 8.
The gross fell 38.3% during the select yearling auction, which had enjoyed upswings in 2009.
A filly by Giant's Causeway produced from Horse of the Year Azeri brought a top price of $800,000 from Robert and Lawana Low during the first session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
It's been almost four years since the last time, but Sunday at Fair Grounds, Green Fee will try to again post a win on the Stall-Wilson turf course.
Looking for a live longshot for the NetJets Breeders' Cup (gr. IT)? Look no further than Green Fee, who is listed at 50-1 on the morning line and was the last horse to draw into the 14-horse field.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham