With the clock ticking on the closure of the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., officials from the Bloomberg administration are stepping up their calls for industry stakeholders to compromise on a bill or face the loss of more than $100 million in OTB distributions.
On Tuesday members of the Monmouth Park stakeholders committee were told that the racetrack could gain future revenue from slot machines and that leasing market is extremely favorable--and that was at its first meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes
- Rock Diva Dances to Auckland Cup Victory
- Wise Dan Back Under Tack March 4, 2015
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lenny's Place: Spring Training Edition
- Changes Possible on Federal Tax Withholdings
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- Slideshow: On the Way In Uruguay