An authentic replication of Dust Commander's 1970 Kentucky Derby (gr.I) trophy didn't receive any bids on eBay, so the owner has re-listed it. The trophy has a starting bid of $100,000, and the auction ends Feb. 12.
An authentic replication of the 1970 Kentucky Derby trophy is being offered on eBay. After Dust Commander won the race, his owner, the late Robert Lehmann, received special permission from Churchill Downs to have a duplicate made. The original was donated by his family to the Kentucky Derby Museum last year.
Feb. 17, 1975
Master Derby at Fair Grounds
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham