Trainer Nick Zito's decision to bypass an allowance event nine days earlier for the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) looks pretty good after the inexperienced Dialed In swept to an impressive win at Gulfstream Park.
Martin Cherry's stakes-winner Wynn Dot Comma has been installed as the 9-5 favorite in a field of seven 3-year-olds set to contest the $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
This is the first in a series of early looks at next year's 3-year-olds and where they might stack up on the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) trail. Right now, it is Nick Zito, Richard Mandella, and Todd Pletcher who have the numbers.
Most Popular Stories
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Nominations Being Accepted for Top Simulcast
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Eutrophia to Reduce Thoroughbred Holdings