Led by a $1.6 Unbridled's Song -- Tizamazing colt, Keeneland's September yearling sale posts significant gains across the board at its second session Sept. 9.
Canadian farm owner Robert Krembil buys a daughter of Tapit out of graded stakes winner Super Espresso for $1 million. She is the fourth horse to sell for a million or more at the Keeneland September sale.
At the annual meeting of members of The Jockey Club of Canada June 25 at Woodbine Racetrack, three new stewards and 22 new members were appointed to the organization.
Ambitious Cat, last year's Sovereign Award winner as Canada's top female turf horse, captured her first stakes race on Saturday in the $300,000 Dance Smartly (Can-II) at Woodbine.
Lightly raced Pipers Thunder, owned and bred by Chiefswood Stable, threw his name into the contender hat for the upcoming Queen's Plate by scoring a one-length upset win in Sunday's Plate Trial at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field