The Ontario Racing Commission has overturned the disqualification of Robert Evans' Marsh Side from first to fourth in the 2009 Northern Dancer Stakes (Can-IT) at Woodbine and restored the original order of finish.
A golf tournament, dinner and silent auction raised $40,000 on July 30 to support recovering Canadian jockey Chad Beckon.
Retired jockey Robert King, who has worn many different hats throughout his enduring horse racing career, was named the 2009 recipient of the Avelino Gomez Memorial Award May 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Wednesday at Saratoga
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award