Two licensees in Kentucky, including one who allegedly is involved with money laundering, have had their licenses suspended after being ejected from the grounds at Churchill Downs.
The Ontario Racing Commission has overturned the disqualification of Robert Evans' Marsh Side from first to fourth in the 2009 Northern Dancer Stakes (Can-IT) at Woodbine and restored the original order of finish.
A golf tournament, dinner and silent auction raised $40,000 on July 30 to support recovering Canadian jockey Chad Beckon.
Retired jockey Robert King, who has worn many different hats throughout his enduring horse racing career, was named the 2009 recipient of the Avelino Gomez Memorial Award May 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes