Two licensees in Kentucky, including one who allegedly is involved with money laundering, have had their licenses suspended after being ejected from the grounds at Churchill Downs.
The Ontario Racing Commission has overturned the disqualification of Robert Evans' Marsh Side from first to fourth in the 2009 Northern Dancer Stakes (Can-IT) at Woodbine and restored the original order of finish.
A golf tournament, dinner and silent auction raised $40,000 on July 30 to support recovering Canadian jockey Chad Beckon.
Retired jockey Robert King, who has worn many different hats throughout his enduring horse racing career, was named the 2009 recipient of the Avelino Gomez Memorial Award May 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Global Symposium Explores Racing's Identity
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.