Two licensees in Kentucky, including one who allegedly is involved with money laundering, have had their licenses suspended after being ejected from the grounds at Churchill Downs.
The Ontario Racing Commission has overturned the disqualification of Robert Evans' Marsh Side from first to fourth in the 2009 Northern Dancer Stakes (Can-IT) at Woodbine and restored the original order of finish.
A golf tournament, dinner and silent auction raised $40,000 on July 30 to support recovering Canadian jockey Chad Beckon.
Retired jockey Robert King, who has worn many different hats throughout his enduring horse racing career, was named the 2009 recipient of the Avelino Gomez Memorial Award May 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment