Two licensees in Kentucky, including one who allegedly is involved with money laundering, have had their licenses suspended after being ejected from the grounds at Churchill Downs.
The Ontario Racing Commission has overturned the disqualification of Robert Evans' Marsh Side from first to fourth in the 2009 Northern Dancer Stakes (Can-IT) at Woodbine and restored the original order of finish.
A golf tournament, dinner and silent auction raised $40,000 on July 30 to support recovering Canadian jockey Chad Beckon.
Retired jockey Robert King, who has worn many different hats throughout his enduring horse racing career, was named the 2009 recipient of the Avelino Gomez Memorial Award May 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection