His recent form had been poor but Stream Cat turned things around when given extra ground in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Handicap (gr. III) at 12 furlongs, spoiling the return to action of favorite Big Booster at Santa Anita March 28.
Flying Zee Stable's Cosmonaut will attempt to become the first horse in the 73-year history of the Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) to win the event three times, as the son of Lemon Drop Kid takes on five rivals July 12 in the $200,000 turf event, which is the final local prep for next month's Arlington Million (gr. IT).
Bobby and Leslie Hurley, in conjunction with Jack Goldthorpe of the Lexington-based Waterville Insurance & Bloodstock Services, announced Oct. 11 they have donated a Songandaprayer season to Habitat for Humanity to aid the Gulf Coast hurricane relief.
A field of 14 is set for Saturday's Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland. The 92nd running of the 1 1/16 mile test for 2-year-olds features Kentucky Cup Juvenile Stakes (gr. III) winner Stream Cat, whose devastating closing kick has already earned him two stakes wins.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending