Congressman Robert Goodlatte on Thursday introduced the Combating Illegal Gambling Reform and Modernization Act, which he said is designed to crack down on the problem of illegal off-shore gambling. A release from Goodlatte's office said illegal off-shore gambling "sucks billions of dollars per year out of the U.S. economy, serves as a vehicle for money-laundering, undermines families, and threatens the ability of states to enact and enforce their own laws."
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead