Police are looking for four people in connection with the beating of California Quarter Horse trainer Robert Gilbert seen leaving the same casino where Gilbert had just won several thousand dollars. Lt. Mike Idom said Gilbert had dropped off a horse in the area and was at the casino for about 13 hours before leaving about 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Quarter-horse trainer Robert Gilbert remained hospitalized in critical condition Thursday for injuries he suffered when he was attacked at Los Alamitos race track in California. Gilbert, 56, was found badly beaten early Wednesday morning in front of an area where trainers park their trailers.
Most Popular Stories
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- BC Nomination Discount for HRA Ends July 15
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- F-T Summer Sale Adds Stakes-Winning Fillies
- Owner/Breeder Lindh Dies at 84
- USDA Officials Address American Horse Council