Police are looking for four people in connection with the beating of California Quarter Horse trainer Robert Gilbert seen leaving the same casino where Gilbert had just won several thousand dollars. Lt. Mike Idom said Gilbert had dropped off a horse in the area and was at the casino for about 13 hours before leaving about 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Quarter-horse trainer Robert Gilbert remained hospitalized in critical condition Thursday for injuries he suffered when he was attacked at Los Alamitos race track in California. Gilbert, 56, was found badly beaten early Wednesday morning in front of an area where trainers park their trailers.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel