Police are looking for four people in connection with the beating of California Quarter Horse trainer Robert Gilbert seen leaving the same casino where Gilbert had just won several thousand dollars. Lt. Mike Idom said Gilbert had dropped off a horse in the area and was at the casino for about 13 hours before leaving about 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Quarter-horse trainer Robert Gilbert remained hospitalized in critical condition Thursday for injuries he suffered when he was attacked at Los Alamitos race track in California. Gilbert, 56, was found badly beaten early Wednesday morning in front of an area where trainers park their trailers.
Most Popular Stories
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- New Jersey to Press On for Sports Betting
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale