Police are looking for four people in connection with the beating of California Quarter Horse trainer Robert Gilbert seen leaving the same casino where Gilbert had just won several thousand dollars. Lt. Mike Idom said Gilbert had dropped off a horse in the area and was at the casino for about 13 hours before leaving about 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Quarter-horse trainer Robert Gilbert remained hospitalized in critical condition Thursday for injuries he suffered when he was attacked at Los Alamitos race track in California. Gilbert, 56, was found badly beaten early Wednesday morning in front of an area where trainers park their trailers.
Most Popular Stories
- Azar Captures With Anticipation Stakes
- NTWAB to Honor American Pharoah Team
- Live Racing, Simulcasts Resume in Texas
- Breaking & Training: Taking the Next Steps
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Suffolk Superintendent Steven Pini Dies at 63
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile