Some of the leading researchers in the field of equine DNA and genetics research discussed their work during the first Thoroughbred Pedigree and Genetics Symposium in Lexington on Oct. 11.
The Blood-Horse magazine, in conjunction with Pedigree Consultants, has announced the first Thoroughbred Pedigree and Genetics Symposium to be held at the Marriott Griffin Gate hotel in Lexington, Ky., on Oct. 11.
By Robert D. Fierro -- Jerry Brody told you what he thought and didn't mind being quoted that way. Tall, stately, with a perennially skeptical smile, he'd wander and work the sales like he worked his restaurants, mixing and mingling at tracks across the world, catering and pandering to no one except his beloved Marlene, who adored him in return.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish-bred Pure Champion Wins in New Zealand
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Waller Tallies Group I Double in Australia
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends