Team Valor International's Fairbanks moved into striking position around the far turn, burst to the front in upper stretch, and cruised to the wire a 2 3/4-length winner under Richard Migliore Sept. 27 in the $500,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. II) in Illinois.
After final approval from the Illinois Racing Board Dec. 13, Hawthorne Race Course announced the 2008 stakes schedule for its spring and fall meets.
A cast of nine runners has been entered for Saturday's Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne Race Course. Fort Prado, winner of the Sea O Erin Breeders' Cup Mile Handicap, will line up as the 121-pound highweight.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win