Concern, the winner of the 1994 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and the only Breeders' Cup victor to race and stand in Oklahoma, has died at the age of 25.
Millionaire Richard's Kid has repeated as Maryland-bred Horse of the Year and champion older male of 2010 in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
Iowa stallion Valley Crossing, a millionaire and grade I winner, died in September from complications following colic surgery.
Grade I winner Include, who at one time captured nine of 10 starts, has been retired from racing and will stand at Brereton and Libby Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Robert E. Meyerhoff's Include, winner of the May 12 Pimlico Special (gr. I), has been installed the 7-5 morning-line favorite after drawing post two for 62nd running of the Massachusetts Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Suffolk Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby