Concern, the winner of the 1994 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and the only Breeders' Cup victor to race and stand in Oklahoma, has died at the age of 25.
Millionaire Richard's Kid has repeated as Maryland-bred Horse of the Year and champion older male of 2010 in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
Iowa stallion Valley Crossing, a millionaire and grade I winner, died in September from complications following colic surgery.
Grade I winner Include, who at one time captured nine of 10 starts, has been retired from racing and will stand at Brereton and Libby Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Robert E. Meyerhoff's Include, winner of the May 12 Pimlico Special (gr. I), has been installed the 7-5 morning-line favorite after drawing post two for 62nd running of the Massachusetts Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Suffolk Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday