Though Robert Masterson has owned graded stakes-winning mares before, none compare to Tepin, whom he called an once-in-a-lifetime horse.
Robert E. Masterson's homebred Sheets struck the front for jockey Robby Albarado at the quarter pole and drew away in the stretch for a 4 1/4-length upset of favored Sindy With an S in the $291,750 Azalea Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies on Summit of Speed card at sloppy Calder Race Course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps